This policy relates to betterdigital.services (“the Site”) which is owned by the Centre for the Acceleration of Social Technology (CAST) (“We/Us”), whose registered address is Broul Cottage Bath Road, Nailsworth, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL6 0QL (registered company 9544506, and charity 1161998).
Information gathering and usage
We collect the following types of information from users of our website (“Users”):
- Information input by Users as part of the process of registration to use our website;
- Email addresses of Users who communicate with us via email;
- Information volunteered by Users in the course of use of our website (such as, for example, survey responses); and
- Analytics and tracking data about Users site usage.
Unless we obtain your permission, information that is identifiable as relating to you (i.e. it has not been edited to make it anonymous) is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, other than under the following circumstances:
- If it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- If we transfer information about you if CAST is acquired by or merged with another organisation, other than an organisation established by us and controlled by us.
You have the right to request we remove all identifiable information we store on you. Including the removal of any email subscriptions. To do so, please email email@example.com.
The data we hold on you will be removed from our systems after a reasonable period, unless we need to keep the information for legal or auditing purposes.
A “cookie” is a small software file stored temporarily (session cookie) or placed on your computer’s hard drive (persistent cookie). The main purpose of a cookie is to allow a web server to identify a user’s computer and web browser, and tailor web pages and/or login information to the user’s preferences. Cookies help us promptly display the information You need and other information which We consider to be of interest to You.
By gathering and remembering information about your website preferences through cookies We can provide a better web and marketing experience. Cookies don’t give us access to users’ computers, and the information we collect through cookies doesn’t include personal information.
Essential cookies: Some of the cookies We use are critical to the functionality of our Site. They are used to keep a user logged into the Site and remember relevant information when the user returns to the Site and uses the Service.
Functional cookies: We also use certain cookies to track users’ activities on the Site, understand their preferences within the Site and improve their user experience.
Marketing cookies: A third set of cookies is provided by third parties and allows us to deliver customised marketing information to our customers based on their Site usage profile and avoid delivering irrelevant marketing to customers.
- “Private Browsing” setting and cookie setting in FireFox
- “Incognito” and cookie setting in Chrome
- “InPrivate” and cookie setting in Internet Explorer, or
- “Private Browsing” and cookie setting in Safari
If You want to learn more about cookies, or how to control or delete them, please visit aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
If You disable Your web browser’s ability to accept cookies You still will be able to browse our Site, but might not be able to access or take advantage of the many Service features.
CAST uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide services such as mailing lists. Data relating to Users and their organisations is transferred to or mirrored on servers within the European Union. CAST reserves the right to transfer or mirror data to servers outside the European Union.
CAST will apply all reasonable measures to ensure that data held on Our servers is secure but cannot guarantee that security measures will not be breached.
CAST may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our site.